The field of generative AI is moving so quickly, it’s often hard to keep up. ChatGPT launches, and days later it’s the fastest-growing app in history. Google makes moves to ban AI content and then suddenly pivots to encouraging it–and trying to compete to create it.
And as a backdrop, there’s the nagging question, “How much of this is even legal?”, with class action and other litigation challenging the basic pillars of many large AI systems.
Within that environment, it’s crucial to get insights from key industry technical, legal and business experts. That’s why I’m thrilled to be moderating Generative AI; Separating Fact from Fiction, a webinar on generative AI for the Digital Media Licensing Association, on February 17, 2023 at 1pm EST.
The webinar is free for DMLA members, and $59.99 for non-members.
Here’s the list of speakers:
- Michael Osterrieder, CEO of vAIsual.com. A content creator and tech entrepreneur by passion, Michael merges a lifetime of experience in the visual media and code worlds through vAIsual, pioneering algorithms and solutions to generate licensed synthetic stock media and driving the future of synthetic media. Michael is a creative professional and entrepreneur with vast experience in 3D graphics, photography and videography. He has sold more than 500,000 media licenses worldwide and was instrumental in developing the base technology for vAIsual’s synthetic media.
- Henrik de Gyor is a Consultant at Another DAM Consultancy who assists, advises, and advocates for his clients. Henrik has previously worked in the fields of advertising,automobiles, construction, education, finance, journalism, manufacturing, marketing,media, retail, and technology. Henrik is also an active speaker, podcaster with nine podcast series, and author of nine published books. Henrik works remotely from SouthCarolina, where he lives with his wife.
- Hans Hartman is Chair of Visual 1st and President of Suite 48 Analytics (suite48A.com). a user and market research practice for the photo and video industry. He also serve on the Imaging Alliance Board of Directors.
- Ian B. Crosby is an acclaimed attorney in the fields of intellectual property litigation and licensing. A partner at Susman Godfrey LLP in Seattle. Ian has tried and lititgated patent, copyright, antitrust and other complex commercial cases in federal courts throughout the country. He has been recognized as one of The Best Lawyers in America by US News, by the Amerian Intellectual Property Law Association and by Managing IP Magazine for his work and expertise in the field of intellectual property litigation and licensing.
- Tom Smith, Moderator, is CEO of Gado Images, an AI-driven editorial and historical stock photo agency. Tom also runs the generative AI blog Synthetic Engineers and serves as DMLA’s Education Chair. The New York Times called him a “veteran programmer” for his 10+ years in the AI space, and his work as an OpenAI Beta tester. Tom holds a degree in Cognitive Science (Neuroscience) from the Johns Hopkins University.
The webinar was conceptualized and organized by Mark Milstein of vAIsual.
Join us for what promises to be an amazing event! While you’re at it, consider coming to the DMLA showcase, a SXSW affiliated event.
Register for the Generative AI webinar here: